Sunday, June 29, 2008

Girls Camp... as a leader

I was called to be the assistant camp director in my parents ward, and silly me I said yes. Camp was this past week and it was VERY interesting. I never knew how much went into it as a young woman, but now I appreciate my leaders more than ever. It was crazy and even though things were a little out of control for my liking, it was fun and the girls liked it. Aniston got to come along and she was such a good baby! The girls LOVED her to pieces and she loved all the attention. I loved the break and being able to have others entertain her. She got a little overwhelmed at times, but overall she did FANTASTIC!! It was VERY hot and by noon she was in a onesie with sunscreen slathered from head to toe. She slept in her stroller which was propped up on a cooler in the shade, and decided that eating leafs was a good idea. The leaf thing was horrible, I was cleaning up after the messy girls and turned my back and she reached for a leaf and ate it!! Then she choked on it, it was traumatic!! She's alive, but I had to pound on her back and tip her on her head to get it out. I got home Friday afternoon and then worked that night. I was totally dead and then went to work again Saturday night. I'm running on a small amount of sleep, but Chris survived this past weeks adventures and so did Aniston. I am happy the week is over, and hope and pray I never get called to do any sort of calling in the young women that involves camp or presidency.



2 comments:

Kate said...

Chris & Jenna! I'm glad you found us, it's always fun finding new blogging buddies!! Your little girl is adorable and it looks like you guys are really happy! When we get back to UT, we'll have to get together...we live in Provo. Looks like an adventure at girl's camp too:)! I was girl's camp director last year in my ward, so I can relate!

Unknown said...

we are officially blogging buddies! I cannot get over how cute she is! What a trooper to go to camp with you!
We need to get together sometime!