Tuesday, February 2, 2010

potty pro

This big girl is growing up SOOO FAST!!!

About a week and a half ago, I decided it was time to potty train Aniston. We're going on a cruise this summer, and there was no way we were going to bring diapers along. So, we went to Harmons and got the "Potty Watch", and we went potty every 30 minutes all day long. Aniston started telling us that she had to potty every 30 seconds, so we made MANY trips to the potty. The first day was interesting, but she did go on the potty more than I expected. The second day I think she may have had 2 accidents, and the third day she had NONE!! The potty is still a bit of an issue, as it has been used to get out of things like: going to bed, getting down from the table at meal time, and to just get attention I'm guessing. She is really good at telling us she has to go, and accidents happen VERY RARELY!! Gosh, I thought this was going to be miserable! I had so much anxiety about it, but it hasn't been that bad. I'm so glad we waited until now to try though. Potty training is definitely easier when they are ready.
I can't post and not have a funny to tell about Aniston, so here's another one of her moments that Chris and I just had to laugh at(otherwise we were going to cry!).
Aniston had a rough night and had woken up a few times and was WIDE awake! I guess one of those times she decided it was time to play. She's got a thing for the bathroom, she loves to take a bath and she's all excited about going potty on the toilet, so she decided to combine the two. I woke up and heard water pouring in the bathroom, so I sat up and looked into the bathroom and there was Aniston playing with her bath toys in the toilet!!! All I have to say about that is... SICK!! I jumped out of bed, woke Chris up, and started pulling toilet water soaked pjs off the little stinker. Chris cleaned Aniston off while I cleaned up the bathroom. She had used the garbage can, the toilet brush holder, and the lids from her bath soaps as toys. I don't want to think what else she may have done, and I have no idea how long she had been in there. All I know is that she no longer has lids to her soaps, the bathroom door stays shut ALL the time, and she better not do that again. Best part, it was 1:30am!!
This is the face she pulls when she is sassing. She was sassing me as I was trying with all I had to calmly tell her that we don't play in the toliet AND that it was sleepy time, not play time!!!!!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Too freakin cute! That is hilarious about the toilet. And the potty training thing is amazing! It takes some kids months to master that! Good job Aniston!

Tren and Chylie said...

That is so stinkin funny!! I can totally picture the chaos of the three of you at 1:30 in the morning! I love aniston!