Monday, October 20, 2008

what a day...

I worked last night and actually got to scrub in for a C-Section and help a little bit. It was awesome, but I NEVER want to have a C-Section!! I picked up Aniston from my parent's and wanted to get my sewing machine too so that I would have something to keep me busy and awake today. So, I went out in my Dad's shop and moved a few things, including a rolling car jack to get to the sewing machine. When I moved the jack, I just put the handle upright figuring it would stay and then bent down only to have the HEAVY handle come crashing down onto my cheek bone... OUCH!! I have to admit, there were some curse words and tears as I tried to keep myself upright, it knocked me silly for a second and really made me mad too. I got the machine and went in the house and just stared to cry again as I told my mom why I had a big bump on my cheek. I had it coming, I haven't gotten hurt in awhile so it was time. Aniston and I took a nap this afternoon and I woke up to her hitting my cheek, once again there were some tears but no curse words. I have no sign that I got smacked in the face except maybe a little swelling, so let's hope I'm just a cry baby and it's not that bad. I don't want to have to explain that my husband does NOT hit me.
I made a fun little dress for Aniston today to stay awake, and it actually turned out pretty cute. I won't mention the mistakes I made, cuz I'm sure you can see some of them. It looks cute on her, and I'm going to make a jacket to go with it and then have some Christmas pictures taken in a month or so with her in it. I saw it on a blog and there have been a few girls who have posted the link on their blog. The lady does some really cute retro style clothing for her daughter, and I think it's really cute. I'll put the link on our favorites.


This dress was free thanks to my mom's fabric stash!!


Aniston had fun today with her new rain boots, we just need to get her to wear them on her feet instead of her hands.


Aniston put this fur piece of my coat around her neck, she's pretty hot stuff!!

1 comment:

Amber Madsen said...

OUCH! That sounds painful! You just whip up that dress in a day, I'm so impressed! I can't believe how big Aniston looks every time you post a new pic! She's so much fun! We really need to get together and hang-out! Let me know when you have energy and TIME!