Monday, May 12, 2008

A great weekend!!




Aniston got to go swimming for the first time this past weekend. We were able to get away for a quick vacation to St. George to celebrate a Birthday for one of our friends and Mother's Day with Chris' mom. Aniston LOVES to swim, even in cold water. Chris and I got in and froze, but Aniston sat and splashed in her floaty and kicked around. I talked Chris into helping me while I dunked her, I know I'm kind of a rude Mom at times. Aniston cried at first, but she was fine 2 seconds later and was kicking her legs again and having a GREAT time. I had a great Mother's Day, and I am so thankful to be a Mother. I cannot think of ANYTHING else I would rather do. I have been blessed with such a sweet daughter who makes me so happy. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity and privilege of having her as my own here on this earth. I am also grateful to my mother and mother in-law. They are great mothers, and I have a lot of respect and love for both of them. My favorite book is called I Am A Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson; get it, and read it!! I am not kidding, it's AMAZING. It gave me so much confidence and reassurance that Motherhood and being a Mother is a divine calling. Even if no one else praises you, respects your choice to be a Mother, or appreciates your hard work as a Mother, the Lord does. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!!

No comments: